Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ppp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Possible to lower the water level in a toilet bowl?

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:30:30 -0500, wrote:

Yes, for adjusting the level in the tank, not the bowl. The bowl
level is determined by the drop off point inside the casting. Thats
where the water and poop drops into the pipes. There is no way to
change that.

If the OP is thinking of saving water one way will be to fill a
pitcher manually and pour that into the bowl to flush a pee for
example. The level of water in the bowl often ends up lower than from
a tank's flush, but this is not the primary objective. I had lowered
the tank water level and often its not enough to clear a herioc load
of poop. I give that tank flush a boost by dumping the pitcher water
while the flush is running. That does the job.