Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

dwolf wrote:

At the moment I have a Nissan kingcab pickup which I use for work

and daily
use..

So I was just curious what others are using for there business and

daily use
vehicle that might get more that 18 to the gallon.. Joel

A cut below where you are at right now, a Toyota Tacoma, 4 Cyl, 5 Spd
stick with a lockable flat top cover over the bed and a liner from
SnugTop.

Average 25 MPG minimum in SoCal traffic.

Have 110,000 miles on it.

A tuneup and front brakes at 90,000, a battery and some rubber
including wiper blades, along the way.

Other than oil and filters, that's been it.

Fully expect another 250,000 miles before end of life.

Sheet goods stick out the back, that's why red flags and bungee cords
exist.

It was interesting carrying 16 ft, 2x4s from the lumber yard to the
boat yard, but all went well.

Since I'm mostly by myself, serves my needs well.

Lew