Posted to rec.woodworking
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default cutting though 18 gauge nails?

"Toller" wrote in message
I need to make a cut that might go through 1 or 2 little nails.
I am not sure yet if I will be using a TS or a circular saw, but I think
either should go through an 18 gauge nail easily enough, shouldn't it?

I have accidentally gone through finishing nails before, once damaging the
blade, but those are a lot bigger. Whatcha think?

18 gauge, no problem. Just use a cheap carbide blade. I cut flooring
underlayment with a circular saw and hit staples and nails all day long. I
even cut concrete boards on the TS with a cheap blade, much harder than
hitting a few nails.