Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default advice on new vehicle

"RayV" wrote in
oups.com:

dwolf wrote:
At the moment I have a Nissan kingcab pickup which I use for work and
daily use..
Pickup lumber, deliver pieces that will fit..
I'm toying with buying something else... Gas mileage is important. As
much as I like small pickups and mini vans well ouch yuck, they can
actually load more inside than a small pickup. A friend has a Honda
Odyssey.. loads a lot..
So I was just curious what others are using for there business and
daily use vehicle that might get more that 18 to the gallon.. Joel

What if you need sheet goods? Are you going to let it hang out the
back?

I have a 4WD Sierra with the small V8 and I'm getting about 17mpg as a
daily driver.
http://www.gmc.com/sierra/1500/specsFuel.jsp

Stick with a pickup, you'll always have plenty of friends.

I like my 1999 Sierra, 2wd 3 door, with the small V8. 18-20 mpg with a
shell over the back. It's my third or fourth, depending on how one
counts...

Patriarch