Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] silicono2@yahoo.com is offline

Default replacing halogen lamps

David Hansen wrote:
On 23 Aug 2006 16:42:32 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

Well I guess related to a post I made ages ago--incandescent lighting
is not completely inefficient in a heated building--some of the 'waste'
heat is 'recycled' to heat the building.

Only when heating is necessary. Even then it is a very expensive way
of providing heat.

Perhaps not when I was living in France--the whole apartment block had
electric power only (inc. the heaters), and in France electricity is
cheaper--it's one of the biggest producers of nuclear power. So whether
it's the wall heater or waste heat from the lights, it costs the same.
Maybe I'll also clarify: the light is going on my desk--I kinda like
the feel of a tiny halogen lamp in a dark room.

Seb