Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default supplementary bonding in bathroom

wrote in message
ups.com...

===Clip

Provided the bonding is protected it can be done using 2.5mm cable. In
my case all bonding is going to be carried out within the void under
the bath or within a false wall I am having to build. This will be
accessible, but only by unscrewing an access hatch or bath panel.

Hmm - OK I'm Confused... and on re reading the regs I'm still confused..
I expected one of the Gurus to chip in that 4mm was needed not 2.5mm.

I had thought that 4mm cable in a nice green/yellow cover running round
the bathroom was the way to go..

In sections 547-03-02 & 03 what is the meaning of "sheath" and
"mechanical protection".. These don't get spelled out in the definitions.

Is "Sheath" the green/yellow plastic stuff? What is "mechanical protection"
in this context? The side of a bath? Steel conduit? And why should the
type of protection dramatically affect the diameter of the bonding...

Hmm - I'm obviously confused - could somone please spell out
547-03-02 & 03 in simple terms!

Many thanks,
Roy