Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John John is offline

Default old X-10 controller/ need help

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:27:21 -0500, "les" wrote:

Hello....
I have the CP290 controller that I lost the serial cable to interface
with the PC. This standalone unit was programmable, except for
the cable now gone.
I looked at the X-10 site, and saw nothing of any help.
I was hoping someone knows where I could either buy the ready-made
cord, or know the pins out/in on either end.
I remember the 9-pin was on one end, and a 5 pin DIN was the other.

Thanks Les

If I can find mine, I'll post the cable pinout.

Meanwhile, you can get a new CP290 with cable, CD, 4 function remote,
etc, for $10US plus $5.90 shipping - at least until they are all gone:
http://www.x10.com/promotions/hc60rx_vt_kit.html

John