Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Rob is offline

Default GOTHIC CHESS SET

..
One great thing about a legal executed, once it's over there's never any
worry about them getting out and doing it again. I don't doubt a lot of
executions would reduce murders a substantial amount too. Damn good
thing I'm a people person, otherwise I'd take a tough stand against
murderers. In my next life I think I want to be a police sniper.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

Time to chime in with my two farthings.

Having grown up reading the types of books and authors I did, (Robert
A. Heinlein, for one.) I have some fairly "right-wing", yet internally
conflicted opinions about justice.

Death sentence should be carried out by locking the convicted in a room
with the victim's family. I have a firm belief in Eye for an Eye.

Here's where the conflict comes into play:
Despite the best intentions of all those involved in our justice
system, it isn't perfect.

I once spent 2 days in a jail cell for something I didn't do. And the
burden of proof was placed on me, to prove my innocence. Hard to do
from jail... Luckily, I had family in the know.

Another example: Co-worker, arrested for a short list of crimes, sits
in jail for a week, wondering how the hell he got there. After the
police/powers-that-be got around to getting a victim in to visually
I.D. the man, it turned out that he was the victim of an early form of
Identity-theft. (Fly by Night Contractor used my friend's name, even
managed a drivers license somehow.)

Neither my co-worker, nor I got anything more than a boot in the
backside on our way out of custody. Not so much as a "Sorry for the
mix-up." My co-worker was lost his job over it. How is that fair?

Until we can execute the right person EVERY single time, I have to put
off supporting the death penalty.