Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Pioneer RX-570 keeps blowing fuses

"Matt Evans" wrote in message
It doesn't hurt to ask. I can can look up anything that i don't know. But
if it's such a big problem, forget it. JEEZ! o_0

No, you're right - it doesn't hurt to ask. You did, and we answered you with
what we considered to be honest advice. We really aren't trying to be
obstructive or offensive to you, or to drive you away from the group. You
could learn much by hanging out here. However, although soldering some
transistors will, almost without doubt, be involved in the repair, without
detailed knowledge of how to repair DC coupled amplifiers, you will only
gain lots of skill in replacing and soldering output transistors, because
you will be replacing them again, and again, and again, until your wallet is
empty, or your supplier has run out of them.

Trust me when I tell you, with 35 years experience in fixing these things,
that with the level of skill that you currently possess, you WILL NOT
succeed in repairing this amplifier.

If you are determined to take it a bit further, you could check the bridge
rectifier for shorts, but you will have to remove it to check that you are
not reading across a fault elsewhere ( do you even have desoldering
equipment / skills that will allow you to remove multi-leg items from a
board without damaging the print ? ) If it's not the bridge, then you could
try measuring on ohms across the two main smoothing caps, where you will
almost certainly read a short, from bad output transistors. This will only
be the tip of the iceberg though. As well as bad output transistors, there
will be bad drivers, open resistors, maybe bad diodes, and a trail that can
end you up in the preamps.

If these things can make experienced engineers cry, I hesitate to think what
effect they might have on a beginner. Keep up the interest, but please take
well-intentioned advice from everyone, and walk away from this one.

Arfa