Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cutting though 18 gauge nails?

In article ,
Toller wrote:
I need to make a cut that might go through 1 or 2 little nails.
I am not sure yet if I will be using a TS or a circular saw, but I think
either should go through an 18 gauge nail easily enough, shouldn't it?

I have accidentally gone through finishing nails before, once damaging the
blade, but those are a lot bigger. Whatcha think?

There are "nail cutting" blades available for handheld circular saws,
but for a one-time cut, I would just use a regular carpenter quality
blade. 18 gauge brads are pretty thin, I can't picture one or two
damaging a blade, but I wouldn't intentionally cut them with by best
blades.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland