Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Fence advice - posts next to house

"Zootal" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to build a fence around my property. Question - how do
you go about putting posts next to a house? Do you just put it as close as
you can, or do you put it in a foot or more away and just run wood from
post to house? How is this customarily done?

Since there is almost always crap that is impossible to dig next to the
foundation I have learned to stay about a foot away for wood fences and just
extend the stringers past the post and to the house.

With chain link you have to dig within 4" of the house or you won't be able
to close the gap.

Colbyt