Sunworshiper

Default Laser level??? Sorta........

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:07:41 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Sunworshiper wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:54:30 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

snipped

So far the airline baggage scanners haven't complained about the Craftsman self
adjusting pliers and the small showerhead I drilled out to "full flow" which still
reside in my (checked) suitcase. A holdover from my "road warrior" days when I got
sick of spending weeks in hotel rooms with "water saving" showers. I figgered my
quicky full flow shower used far less water than some dame's "lady length" one at
the lower flow.

This is too funny , do you bring two pliers ? Ever forget your cool
shower head in the hotel ?

Never, but a buddy I often traveled with used to carry a 75 watt light bulb rubber
banded inside two carved out blocks of styrofoam. He couldn't stand trying to read in
bed by the light of those puny 25 watt bulbs the hotels stuck in the bedside lamps to
save a little electricity. I remember him once racing back up to his room as we were
checking out to retrieve his precious bulb.

Which reminds me of a smart idea I only encountered once in a hotel. They'd rigged a
switch in the door jamb operated by the deadbolt lock. That switch controlled the juice
to everything in the room, including the AC, except for one switch controlled small
ceiling light just inside the doorway. They must have used a contactor controlled by
that deadbolt switch. Anyway, it sol;ved the problem of guests leaving their rooms for
the day with the AC running full blast and all the lights on. You had to be inside the
room to throw the deadbolt and turn all the power on. The concept probably never cought
on because of the nuisance it caused when there was more than one guest staying or when
another person had or enter the room.

Last time I was in a hotel the fire alarm went off cause I left the
bathroom door open and the steam set it off.

That happens in our house whenever we have a guest staying over and forget to warn
them. The upstairs smoke detector is on the hallway ceiling right outside the family
bath's door. (The bathroom's ceiling exhaust fan just won't hack it, even if the guest
notices it and turns it on.)

Jeff

I really do try not to mess with anyone. But, always end up in
trouble. Like the huge bull dike for my missed wake up call.

Jacking with the place would really get me in trouble.