Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Northey Jim Northey is offline

Default stubby screw tool

Try a 1/4" rechargeable ratchet. I think B&D makes one. That and a 1/4"
socket with a Phillips in it should only be about 2 1/2" or so long.
Jim
wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to repair my cabinets. Some of the drawers have old
rollers that need replacing. The existing rollers have standard screw
heads. I can't even imagine how the screws were driven in a space that
is roughly 4" high. I barely had room for a standard stubby screw
driver to remove them. I hope the guys were obviously smart enough to
install the rollers before they put them together.

I am looking for a bit that will allow me to put a Phillips bit in a
battery drill. I have found many right angle drills, but I think even
these would not do the trick in a 4 inch space.

I have found a ratchet screwdriver that is of course is not battery
driven but will work in this space. Any ideas how I can use battery
power in a space only 4" high to drive Phillips screws.