Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default a/c problem

That may or may not help him, some simply refuse to or cannot learn.
It is your decision, however, I would not let him near the system again!
Read & learn! - udarrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html

wrote:

A YORK A/C, Heater 4 ton 13 SEER, purchased and installed in 2003, MDL#

HIRDO485S06A, has a serious problem.

When started it put out a temperature in the low sixties range (62 )
service tech reported. In the first vent in the house the temperature
is also in the low sixties. However after he left the temperature in
the house, vent goes into the 70 + area. The house itself takes hours
to drop the temperature down to 80. In fact on a really hot 100 + day
it never got below 84.

Their response was that the "ducts" are probably plugged up. After that
we checked all the in and out vents and they are all about the same
out's and in's as it has always been, regarding air flow.

My opinion is that the compressor starts out at a reasonable
temperature but the longer it operates the higher the out put
temperature. Trying to get the tech out on a hot day while it is in
this condition has been ignored (there is a 5 year warranty for all
work and services from the local vender).

I intend to measure the compressor out put temperature and the
temperature
inside the house vents to determine if they both change dramatically,
as I suspect they will.

My question is simply, what is the normal range of the output
temperature of
this particular York A/C, about 5 to 10 minutes and after several hours
of
operation on a 100 + day.