Posted to alt.home.repair
GoHabsGo GoHabsGo is offline

Default Garage door opener chain

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
news:rA0Hg.10883$Vo.10067@trndny09:

"paps" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

I'm betting this will be an easy one for this group.

I've got an old garage door opener that's been working fine for
years, but the chain broke.

How do I fix it?

The chain may be the same size as a bicycle. In that case, you buy a
link made for repairing chains You may have to hammer a pin out of
hte old one for it to fit in.

If it is the same as a bicycle, you would use a chain tool, not a hammer.
The chain tool may be able to remove the bad link and reconnect the chain
together. Seems odd though that the chain broke. Are you sure your
springs are adjusted correctly so that the opener only guides the door and
doesn't need to move the full weight of the door.