Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default American toilets

On 2006-08-23 20:45:41 +0100, Derek ^ said:

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:05:12 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:16:10 GMT someone who may be "Brian Reay"
wrote this:-

It is time we displayed prices without VAT so people start to recognise
how much we are being ripped off.

Ripped off?

What do you think VAT pays for?

Dunno.

I know what it gets spent on ...

Buying votes with benefits (Turkeys don't vote for Christmas).

Right-on, 60's hippy-esque harebrained PC schemes to pacify Old Lab.

There are still dogs in the government? Actually a scan around
Downing St confirms this. CFL bulb subsidies and compulsions as well.

Incompetance, such as the various state IT fiascos (watch out for news
about ISOFT and Accenture before the end of the week.) This list is
not by any means exclusive.

Didn't see that. Have Wankcenture done it again? They will need to
bring in McKinsey now to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Apparently the next project is a wind farm.... They are good at those.

Tiger Woods must be being paid a lot of money to put his name to all this.

DG

Perhaps you could do without the
health service, roads, the armed forces and so on, but I doubt if
many would.