Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default American toilets

On 2006-08-23 17:23:20 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
said:

While it is true that you have to allow for sales tax when comparing
prices, the prices of most things are far lower than the UK. It is time
we displayed prices without VAT so people start to recognise how much
we are being ripped off.

Nah. I really HATE the american habit of not showing the proper price.
It is impossible to tell what you have the cash to buy, or to get the
change ready.

And, don't get me started on the price of Petrol --Grrr! Again, if we
displayed price with and without the taxes, may be old Gordon Brown may
be a bit less convinced of his next job!

Petrol should be expensive, to discourage use and encourage the
development of alternative technologies.

Christian.

It is.

People still pay.