Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay Brian Reay is offline

Default American toilets

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:16:10 GMT someone who may be "Brian Reay"
wrote this:-

It is time we displayed
prices without VAT so people start to recognise how much we are being
ripped
off.

Ripped off?

What do you think VAT pays for? Perhaps you could do without the
health service, roads, the armed forces and so on, but I doubt if
many would.

I've no problem paying for those things, along with education, sensible
welfare scheme etc. However, I'd like to stem some of the other areas the
money goes.
Like the millions being sent to rebuild bridges in a country that harbours
terrorists. And don't get me started on the money we fritter away in Europe.

Brian