Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default How do you find a good contractor?

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:05:34 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Aaron" wrote in message
I have been looking for a good contractor for a while to help me with a
garage and they are either:

1. Not even interested to call me back

2. Come over but lose interest in the job (and don't call me back)

3. Or aren't competent

The best are personal reference. I see a potential problem. You want
"help" with a garage. They don't want to help you, they want to do the job.
If you need a helper different story, different people. Maybe you really
want a good laborer?

More specifics of what you want to accomplish would help us to answer you.

Good point. After re-reading the OP it seems like he wants to be in
charge of the operation. Contractors generally want a statement on
what needs to be done, then leave them alone to complete the job.
Isn't it irritating when the boss begins to dictate HOW the job is
done when you already have the skills? There's something wrong about
#2 because the contractor don't want to talk.