Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Cost of New Gutters

I just had seamless gutters installed on a new home. About 180 lin. feet of
gutter and four 4x3 downspouts cost me around a thousand bucks.
Your quote seems reasonable to me, considering you have 5 miters and 8
downspouts. Plus they have the extra labor of removing your old ones first.
Quit being so cheap. Seamless gutters are not a DIY project.

"davemac" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi folks,

Just wondering what people are paying for replacement gutters these
days. My roof was redone about 3 years ago, but recently I have had a
bad rust-thru failure on one of the sections due to some clogging. I
probably should have had them doen when the roof was done of course.
The gutters now are 7" steel. Lineal feet is ~210 with about 8 down
spots totalling maybe 70ft. Most of the pieces are straight runs, with
maybe 5 miters. I have a 2 storey house with shake roof.

I just got a quote for $2200 for the same style powder-coated steel
gutter replacement which seems excessive to me. The new downspouts
would be 2x3's. The contractor that came by to bid had a very
expensive looking truck. I can get the exact same gutter from
another seamless contractor dropped at my location for $2.50 per ft,
but of course the downspouts, hangers, caps, miter pieces etc are
extra. Still I figure that the materials total should not exceed $900.
I figure this job including labor should not be more than $1500? Can
anyone in the north-west give some comparables quotes? I'm getting
more bids, but I'm still curious.

thanks

dave m