Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
n cook n cook is offline

Default 'Long distance' IR remote control learning.

On 2006-08-22, N Cook wrote:

That is going across continents.

there's a open remote project on sourceforge, i'm not siure what they use

record, I think either IRDA or some cheap hardware.

To transfer the pulse coding of a remote control at one site to another
learnable type remote control maybe the other side of the world.
Can anyone think of a method that uses off the shelf equipment used in a
domestic environment , ie not using oscilloscopes etc.
Somehow slowing the pulse stream down enough to capture on cam-corder/pc
etc.

Would the average r/c with say a 400 KHz ceramic resonator still

function
with the 400KHz one replaced with 100KHz one say.?

probably.

the pulse rate is ~40Khz most PCs can handle that.

--

Bye.
Jasen

I don't own a web-cam but anyone know what would happen if
you replaced the IR LED with a diffused red LED and shone it close to a web
cam.
Starting with a normal IR R/C with its original crystal and normal pulsed
output of 25uS per pulse and 20 pulses per bit of data. Would that produce a
resolvable video stream that could be sent via internet and assuming a wide
enough acceptance spectrum of the receiving phototransistor/diode of a
learner type universal r/c straight off a pc monitor in a dark room.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England