Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Pioneer RX-570 keeps blowing fuses

"Matt Evans" wrote in message
Hello! I'm new to the forum. Hope someone can help me.

I am looking at a surround sound stereo receiver for a freind (Pioneer
RX-570). Every time i plug it in it blows a fuse inside the unit. I've
opened it up looking for any obvious signs, but nothing looks out of order
except for the blown fuse. I borrowed a multimeter and probed around a bit
looking for broken circuits or whatnot. The only thing i found that was
out of line to ME (having little experience) was that there was a brown,
cylindrical object about a quarter inch long with two red and one green
line going around it in which when probed, had no needle movement(in ohms)
on the multimeter. I have placed the probes on it different ways on either
end but no dice. I did some reading on the net about it and i believe it
to be resistor. It's my understanding that resistors resist current, but
do not block it, so i figure there should be SOME current coming through,
shouldn't there? I have no training in electronics and know very little
about it, but i'm hoping to learn. If someone replys trying to help me,
please keep the lingo simple for me. Thanks!

These models are NOT for newbies or beginners. I have a lots of experience
on these - my old posts on them still come up from time to time. Trust me
and the others here who have advised you to get out of this one. If you're
wanting to learn electronics, don't do it with one of these.

Mark Z.