Posted to rec.woodworking
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default What flush cutoff tools to use?

doubt you will wear out a carbide blade
or burn it out (the Germans have an attitude about building junk).

I just finished laying about 1,500 sf of laminate flooring on one house and
on my second carbide blade on the sliding miter saw and also second carbide
blade on the table saw. So its about 2 to 3 carbide blades for one project.
(the old blade still works but it just chip the laminates) Over the past few
years I've warn out stacks of carbide blades and even manage to burn out my
Skil HD77. I'm on my second Skil - great saw.

Cutting underlayment is also cutting into staples and nails as part of the
process and I don't know if any carbide blades will take this kind of usage
for too long.