Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway Richard Conway is offline

Default American toilets

Christian McArdle wrote:
I never "go" in the office when visiting the US because of those
bloody cubicles. I try to restrict my visits for #2's to the hotel.
The ability to sit on the throne and chat eye-to-eye to your next
door neighbour is not desirable, IMO.

Yes. No country in the world has perfect perfect toilets.

North America has 20 cm high saloon doors with 5 cm gaps down the sides, but
otherwise clean and functioning
Northern Europe has steps built in so that you get to examine the previous
occupant's digestive health in all its majesty and aroma.
Southern Europe either has holes in the floor or no toilet seat and you have
to put the toilet paper in the bin
Middle East and Africa have no toilet paper, just a short bit of hose
connected to a tap
UK public toilets are rarely clean

Where can I go for a nice clean dump? Singapore?

Christian.

Home...nowhere else is as good IMO.