Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass Vass is offline

Default Decking - lay frame on concrete, patio slabs or ????

"Greystoke" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

See below reply to my similar query 31st July.....

"I built my deck a couple of months ago. about 3.6 x 5.4m (3.6m cos of
timber
length of course, although it did also happen to fit). I did not dig holes
for the posts. Everything is fine and solid as the weight of the deck holds
everything down, BUT if I was doing it again I definitely would concrete in
at least the main corner posts. I found that not doing this caused
everything to move out of square every so often, with all the hammering and
general bashing about. The middle posts can just sit on a block or a couple
of bricks. In fact in a few places I just stacked up old bricks with a slate
top bit. By the way, I bought a big pack of coach bolts from screwfix and
they were great for screwing joists together and for holding warped joists
in position once the warp had been corrected.
Hope you get good weather!
Alistair "

--
Vass