Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle Anna Kettle is offline

Default Where's the spam gone?

On 22 Aug 2006 19:15:55 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Apparently there's a very large spamming going on at the
moment, which is delaying much email (and regular spams
no doubt). If you are not subject to this large spamming,
then you will probably see a drop off in email until
systems clear the backlog. Sorry, don't know any details,
just a warning put out by my ISP (not Demon, contrary to
what you might think).

I seem to be a recipient. In the last three days my spam rate has gone
from about 20 a day to over 1000 a day, mostly the sort where my email
address has been used to randomly email all over and so what I get is
the 'not known at this address' bouncebacks. At least they are easy to
filter out

Does anyone know an authorative source where I can keep an eye on the
'world state of spamming' It would be good to know I am not alone and
more importantly if anyone is likely to get caught and stopped.

I have a 'third party list' ISP spamtrap in place and also one on my
email program. The ones that get through both filters seem to have a
random 'From' a random 'Subject' and a gif for the message. I'd like
to trap those too...

People moan about the state of the world today, terrorist security
measures ... but I have never felt threatened until this spam deluge
arrived

Drowning ...
Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____|
www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642