Posted to misc.consumers.house
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Am I being reasonable or paranoid?

wrote:
I first approached him about this deal back in March and he put me off
for months with "we're not ready to do anything with that land yet." I
think I established that I'm serious about buying. Suddenly he's ready
to sell and wants my decision by noon tomorrow.

Do his requirements sound reasonable? (Thanks.)

No, tell him politely to go **** himself. Car dealers use these tactics all the
time. If your lawyer is intimidated by this guy, find yourself a pit bull.
Every town has one (or more).

Be prepared to walk away even though you want the property. He's depending on
your desire overriding your common sense. Personally, I would run from this
deal and bulldoze a huge berm on the edge of my property. Plant trees. Out of
sight; out of mind.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com