Jeff Wisnia

Default Laser level??? Sorta........

Tom wrote:

As a Christmas gift I received a Laser Pro laser Tool kit:
http://www.teamproducts.com/items/sh...D=254&CATID=15

snipped

Though not pictured on the webpage above, the kit comes with
a little "3-1 tool" which is basically a 6" level, looks
like a pen with a v-grooved flat on one side, bubble level
on top, useless screwdriver bit in one end and a laser light
in the other end.

snipped

Tom

How was the bubble level relative to the v-grooved flat side? (Easy to check by
rotating it end for end on a level surface.)

I got a similar one, but without the laser feature, for subscribing to a
woodworking hobby magazine a couple of years ago. It was pretty far off being
level when I received it, but being the anal character I am, I trimmed it in with
a belt sander.

I used to carry it in my briefcase against the time I might need to use the
screwdriver part, but after 911 I figured it'd get confiscated so it's now my
"office level" for things like putting up pairs of picture hooks and other
demanding tasks.

So far the airline baggage scanners haven't complained about the Craftsman self
adjusting pliers and the small showerhead I drilled out to "full flow" which still
reside in my (checked) suitcase. A holdover from my "road warrior" days when I got
sick of spending weeks in hotel rooms with "water saving" showers. I figgered my
quicky full flow shower used far less water than some dame's "lady length" one at
the lower flow.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to place
the blame on."