Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Composite Decking Yellowing in Sun! (Dow Symmatrix)

taz said something like:

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

....[snip]...

Any suggestions? She's nervous enough to return the entire thing.

Weird, I have had a trex composite deck in my back yard for over ten
years and it has faded to a light grey / tan. Never would've installed
it if it turned yellow.

(post converted to bottom posting to aid with interleaving)
Was the Trex Gray to start with? The Symmatrix color that they are using
is called "driftwood", which is just a fancy word for medium flat gray.

I cannot for the life of me understand where the salesperson is coming
from saying this is an industry wide problem and it is caused by the
tannin within the wood fibres.
Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

This has got to be crap, yes. The biggest red flag about this entire thing
is that if it were truly an industry wide problem then this would have been
the first thing told to the customer, or else they would have had their
phones ringing off the hook ever since they offered this product.