Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Remote controlled front door lock

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:12:57 -0500, Bud--
wrote:

mm wrote:

Any experience with a remote controlled front door lock.

It seems like an extravagance but I want one.

IIUC, there are two models, one for 150 dollars with an enormous lock
inside, that had special beeping for every meaning, and a red/green
led on the outside that imitated the beeping.

And I think there is a cheaper one that just goes on where the the
knob is now inside. I haven't seen that one yet. I think you have to
figure it worked when you open the door, or you can't get in. When
you are locking the door, I guess, hmmm, you have to rely on the
doorknob lock if the remote doesn't work.

They both use 4 AA batteries.

Any experience with them, especially the cheaper one.

You could try alt.locksmithing

sounds like a great idea! I've never been to that group and didn't
think of it. Thanks.