Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit Breaker Problem

GFCI breakers aren't cheap. If you swap in a regular non-GFCI
breaker instead, you could kill yourself if there's something
wrong with the tub.

This is one time where blindly replacing components (particularly
with ones that don't meet code requirements) is a very bad idea.

If it were me, I'd not replace anything until I could prove exactly
what was broken, and what isn't.

For that, you need some electrical knowledge and some test equipment.
Bare minimum, a trustworthy volt/ohmmeter and preferably some sort
of dummy load (if only a lamp).
--
Chris Lewis,

I wasnt recommending a non GFCI breaker,

a electrician will likely charge at least a hundred bucks just to check
it out, way more than a GFCI breaker costs

With the electrical storm its probably a over sensitive GFCI...