Posted to alt.home.repair
Jamessa Jamessa is offline

Default Circuit Breaker Problem

wrote:
Jamessa wrote:
It could be the breaker or the wiring. Or even both. It's perhaps
more likely to be the breaker - especially if it's a GFCI.

If you're unable to come up with your own method for isolating
which one is the problem, you're probably best off getting an
electrician in to look at it.

I feel I could replace the breaker myself by killing the main. It is a
GFCI. I was thinking it it was a bad breaker it would not stay on with
the main power cut off to it, which it does. When the power is put to
it it won't stay in the on position at all, thats why i'm afraid that
there is a short in the tub.

nah breakers are cheap, try replacing breaker first and let us know the
outcome.

the storm likely fried the gfci sensor part of breaker

I will do that tonight! Thanks for your help and I will let you know
the outcome.