Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer RX-570 keeps blowing fuses

wrote:

first, dont go poking around with a meter with a needle. Get a digital
meter if possible, or know where you are poking. The reason being that
the needle type meters can cause current to flow where it shouldn't.
That is you might blow things by just looking at the resistance across
them. This is especially true with mosfets, but it sounds like you
don't know what those are.

surely the deals the same with dmms, no?

Arfa Daily wrote:

Believe me when I tell you that you've only got to look
sideways at these DC coupled amps, to make them blow their output stages.

oh, horrors. The only thing you'll learn on dc coupled stuff is how
frustrating tronics can be.

NT