Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Caught: Lowes Price Chicanery

"Jack" wrote in message
WHAT I THINK HAPPENED:
In anticipation of the 4 for 3 sale, Lowes raised the price of the roll
from 32 to 38 bucks, but this store missed marking up the rolls, so
they got caught and had to give me the better deal. If that is what
they did, they are trying to pull a fast one.. and I am glad I caught
them!

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has examples of Lowes
raising prices in order to then offer "sale prices".

This is a verypossible scenario. Supermarkets do it al the time. I watch
the prices of items we buy on a regular basis and often they re increased
for the sale. The sale may still be less that normal, but not as much as
stated.

Look at tools or electronics on Amazon.com. They offer a 40%, 50% or even
more discount off of the "list" price, not what it really sells for at any
other retail store.