Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Caught: Lowes Price Chicanery

Jack wrote:
I believe Lowes was not playing exactly fair with it's pricing.
here is what happened, you decide(prices rounded off for
simplicity, and since I left receipt with exact prices at home):

Needed insulation, went to Lowes because a newspaper ad said they
had a special "buy 3, get one free" That is 33% off.

Rolls had price sticker of $32s. I put 16 rolls on the flatbed.

Got up to register, rang up at 28 bucks per roll. That was
supposed to be the "sale price" which reflected the 4 for 3 deal.
I am no math genius, but the way I saw it I should have gotten 33%
off per roll, and $28 is not 33% off of $32. I asked about this,
and they said the price-per-roll in the "computer" was $38 bucks
per roll, therefore the 28 bucks per roll reflected the sale price.

Fortunately Michigan has pretty strict "item pricing" consumer law,
and if a price tag is affixed to an item the store must charge that
price, regardless of what the "computer" says the price should be.
Once I pointed it out manager was very good, charged me 25 bucks
per roll and I left satisfied, but suspicious.

You were still screwed, should have been $24.
(3*32)/4 = 24

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has examples of Lowes
raising prices in order to then offer "sale prices".

All stores do it. Yes, your friendly supermarket too. Welcome to the
wonderful world of merchandising...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...