Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Circuit Breaker Problem

According to :
We had a bad electrical storm yesterday and when I got home several
breakers were tripped. My 6 month ol hot tub which is on the back
porch and was not on. The breaker next to it is off and if I try to
switch it on it wont stay on. It won't power the tub. The breaker out
by the meter box is on and when I switch it off I can then switch the
one by the hot tub on and it will stay on untill I switch the one on
the meter box back on then it trips the one by the tub. Does this
sound like a bad breaker or a short somewhere in my hot tub?
Everything is 6 months old.

It could be the breaker or the wiring. Or even both. It's perhaps
more likely to be the breaker - especially if it's a GFCI.

If you're unable to come up with your own method for isolating
which one is the problem, you're probably best off getting an
electrician in to look at it.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est