Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default Stupid question, sorry. What kind of tool do I have?

Your ex-girlfriend may NEED it.

"mm" wrote in message
On 21 Aug 2006 18:58:17 -0700, wrote:

mm wrote:
What kind of tool do I have? I have no digital camera but this is
what it looks like: It's all one piece of solid wood, painted green,
tubular, 8 1/2 inches long, shaped like the rod that holds the toilet
paper, except it doesn't have a spring inside and won't change length.
It's four diameters in sequence, 1, 2, 3, 4: a half inch at each end
(sections 1 and 4) for 3/4" at each end, an inch in diameter in
section 2 for 3 inches, and just a little bit less in section 3 for 3
inches.

I know it's a tool, I just can't remember what it is for.

Sometims my ex-girlfriend lets me take what I want from some of the
abandoned property at the ministorage she runs, and this was in a
bunch of junk.

Clutch line up tool....for properly centering a clutch on a manual
transmission....???

You're right! That's what it is. I don't even have a clutch. No
wonder I couldn't remember.

I'll find someone to give this to. Maybe I'll label it and put it
with the Free Stuph at a hamfest.