Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default hv sparking problem

On 21 Aug 2006 22:39:29 -0700 wrote in Message id:
.com:

I am working on a Toshiba 32hf72 chassis N2PS. Found a bad flyback and
replaced it. Now there is a problem with the HV sparking. At first it
sparked around the anode connector. I cleaned that with no effect. I
have found a couple things that don't make sense to me:

Connected the HV to another tube and connecting the dag together with
no other connections yield proper start up with no sparking.
Connecting the tv together normally, but using a different yoke that is
not on the tube makes the tv start up, but it sound wrong. there is a
sound like sizzling inside the tube. Hard to describe. if the yoke on
the tube is connected instead of the other yoke, I get sparking again.
ANY ideas?

Power up the monitor while in the dark - you should then be able to locate
where the arc is occurring from and work from there. If it's coming from
where the cap meets the tube, try using RTV to seal the connection.