Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker Ancient_Hacker is offline

Default hv sparking problem

wrote:
I am working on a Toshiba 32hf72 chassis N2PS. Found a bad flyback and
replaced it. Now there is a problem with the HV sparking. At first it
sparked around the anode connector. I cleaned that with no effect. I
have found a couple things that don't make sense to me:

Connected the HV to another tube and connecting the dag together with
no other connections yield proper start up with no sparking.
Connecting the tv together normally, but using a different yoke that is
not on the tube makes the tv start up, but it sound wrong. there is a
sound like sizzling inside the tube. Hard to describe. if the yoke on
the tube is connected instead of the other yoke, I get sparking again.
ANY ideas?

Bad CRT? Air in CRT?