Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospambob@vcoms.net is offline

Default Update - Considering detached metal clad workshop questions/comments

AYUP, except the original included sheet rock walls and the ~$15K for
the metal clad didn't. Nor did it include plumbing, etc. As Omar
observed, roughly, "The moving finger having writ moves on and all of
your piety and wit removes not a word of it and all your tears will
not wash out a bit of it". I'd rather get it done and behind as time
rushes on! A local contractor visited yesterday and he acts as a GC
and will work up estimate for consideration. He lives in the same
community so gas prices aren't important compared to the one 25 miles
away.

On 21 Aug 2006 14:57:52 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

wrote:

Still pondering and really hoped for users of the metal clad
observations. Got one user saying he's ready to tear his down and
replace with wood frame. Window air unit is dropping humidity and
keeping garage somewhat livable but we moved into the house in Jan
2006 so don't have winter experience. More chatter welcomed!

Well here's a good point. You've priced the wooden option, now price
the metal. You should see a significant difference.

FoggyTown