Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Stootzmann Jay Stootzmann is offline

Default Insulation questions

First you need to air seal any potential avenues for air filtration
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...vement_sealing

I used the Dow spray foam that comes in a can -- get closed cell type.

Then add as much insulation that you can without compressing the fiberglass.

Good luck.

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...
Live in cold midwest - am getting ready to drywall portions of my house
that have been re-modeled. Wanted some recomendations on insulation
r-values. Contractor did the construction, but I am doing insulation
to save a few bucks..

Going with fiberglass... for ease of instalation.. etc.

Outside walls - currently has r-11 but most has come down.. so will be
replacing the stuff that has been exposed by removal of drywall. What
R value should I go with.

Ceiling between 1st and 2nd floor - Had insulation between joists, I
have to assume it was for noise. Most has come down during
contruction, will be replacing it. What R value?

Bedroom walls - build a second floor laundry, want to sound insulate as
much as possible.. what r-value should I use in walls (regular 2x4 stud
walls)

Have to get this done in the next 48 hours, so any specialized products
are not an option, has to be off-the shelf from Lowes or HD (or simular)