Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default How to clean anodized aluminum

When our house was built, the stucco person did a poor job of applying the
stucco around the patio doors and windows. He splashed stucco on many areas
of the black anodized aluminum frame.

It's only cosmetic but it looks sloppy. I have chiseled off any actual
stucco from the frame but cannot remove the remaining blemishes on the black
frame.

To make things worse, when the house was repainted about 10 years ago, the
painter, too, did a sloppy job and smeared white paint on many areas of the
black frame and thresholds.

How can I clean up the stucco blemishes and the paint? I have tried alcohol,
and goof off, and paint remover, without success.

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net