Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default drill holes in concrete

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:49:44 -0400, "HotRod"
wrote:

I'm working on a retianing wall project that involves using busted up old
concrete slabs. I need to drill a ton of 3/4" - 1" holes as the blocks get
higher, any ideas? Also ideas on how to crack the 4" thick concrete where I
need to? Do you think a peice of angle iron and a sledge is best?

It's interesting how it sometimes (not too often) makes a difference
when one posts and who answers.

I only recognize one or two names in the answers here, and I don't
think any of them answered in the thread yesterday, where 2 or 3
people were very convincing that a Roto-Drill, or something like that,
was far better than a hammer drill.

Although there are weaker "consumer" versions of hammer drills, there
are none afaict of Roto-drills, so you surely have to rent one, and it
is will worth it since you have to drill a ton of holes. (How many
holes in a pound?)