Ed Huntress

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

"Gunner" wrote in message

Interesting..not what Interpol claims:
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/004236.html

Here are Interpol 2001 crime statistics (rate per 100,000):
4161 - US
7736 - Germany
6941 - France
9927 - England and Wales

Thus the US has a substantially lower crime rate than the major
European countries!

snip

You and Ed seemed to have missed commenting on the other
sites..including that report from the Washington Journal.

Thats a Hardly Credible site? Snicker....

Hint Tommy boy..I made NO interpretation, but provided them as I found
them. You do have a reading comprehension problem I take it?
Bummer..must suck to be you. Must be that Hate thing you have going
on......

Now..hummmm....Ill try another Hardly Credible site..

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/cjusew96.htm

U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Justice Statistics

Publications

Crime and Justice in the United States and in England and Wales,
1981-96

Ah..Ed..does this site meet with your approval?

Yeah, that's better. You should have put that up first, instead of those
fouled-up Interpol numbers. As I said to Tom, there was nothing in either
your data sources nor his that addressed reporting percentages, which are
well known to vary widely between countries. If you compare the numbers in
this DoJ study with the Interpol numbers, you see that there is a huge
disparity in the totals they report.

Lead with the best stuff, Gunner. When you lead with something like that
Interpol data, which is full of holes (did you actually go look at it?),
your argument goes to hell in a handbasket. This report is much better.

I'd still like to know more about how the Brits define simple assault versus
that in the US (and they are BIG contributors to the numbers), but, overall,
the DoJ study looks very convincing.

Ed Huntress