Jeff Wisnia

Default How do tell a liquid from a solid?

Ed Huntress wrote:

snipped

I'm not likely ever to encounter gold wire in my soldering experiences. g
Try it with some copper water tubing that was a bit overheated when the
original joint was made, and almost everyone is surprised. It can be a b*tch
to pull apart; it squeeks from the friction of the hard intermetallics; and
it just may freeze up on you and refuse to come apart until you nearly melt
the parent metal.

Hey thanks Ed! I've experienced that effect with copper plumbing fittings many
times, but never learned what caused it.

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to
place the blame on."