Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default drill holes in concrete

"HotRod" wrote in message
the slabs are 4" think. What works better a hammer drill and masonary bit
or a diamond dry bit in a regular drill?

"HotRod" wrote in message
I'm working on a retianing wall project that involves using busted up old
concrete slabs. I need to drill a ton of 3/4" - 1" holes as the blocks
get higher, any ideas? Also ideas on how to crack the 4" thick concrete
where I need to? Do you think a peice of angle iron and a sledge is best?

I've never used a dry diamond bit before but a hammer drill with masonry bit
should make quick work of this.