Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ToddAndMargo@gbis.com is offline

Default Linoleum seam repair?

Les wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

One of the seams on my linoleum kitchen floor is starting to
split. Is there a specific glue to patch this?

-T

Yes, there is a special glue. Ask for it in the flooring dept. The
instructions are included. I used a toothbrush to clean the dirt out
of the crack. I then used a spline wheel (used to install the rubber
spline into the slot to hold a screen into a window frame) to close the
gap in the flooring somewhat. Roll the spline wheel along the gap to
push the edges down somewhat (one side at a time). Then apply the seam
adhesive. It works like a filler and glue, so it will fill gaps (very
small gaps).

- les

Thank you!