Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default What flush cutoff tools to use?

# Fred # wrote:
Is there a tool that could cut the 1/4" plywood underlayment flush to the
walls all around the house without burning itself up?

Tony replied
You can use a toekick saw to cut it free. It's essentially a small
circular saw with a 2 3/4-inch-diameter carbide-tipped blade mounted on
an extended arbor. You won't find this saw at a home center... check
with a local tool rental yard or a company that supplies tools to the
flooring trade.

That's what I used. Much faster and easier than the Fein saw. The Fein is
a good tool but what a pain to do a whole room with one.

The rental is a good suggestion unless, like me your a tool junkie!

Dave

http://www.usenet.com