Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] john.islington@mac.com is offline

Default blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Dave wrote:
wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Get your hands on a wooden handle mop with a large head and a mop bucket.
Note, do not use the tiny domestic mop heads.
When the water level is low, use the mop as a plunger a few times.
Flush and try again if the toilet does not empty.
Repeat ad infinitum.
I have used this method at the local primary school with 100 percent
success.

Good luck

Dave

I DID THIS!! IT WORKED A TREAT

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I went to Woolworths, paid £6 or a vileda mop.

Shoved it down the hole, hit the flush button

Then I anticipated the worst - the water overflowing and flooding my
floor with ****ty water

But instead, when i lifted the broomstick the blockage had gone!!!

I flushed it again, got a massive can of dettol and sprayed it
everywhere

just been to supermarket ... got Parazone bleach and a three more cans
of dettol. I am going to spray my entire bathroom

So dave - THANKS!