Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist Phil Anthropist is offline

Default How to remove ridge tiles?

"Steve" wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone advise a good way to remove ridge tiles?

Many of the ones on my (50 year old?) garage roof are badly damaged, so I
thought I'd replace them all. The first 2 came off easily by gently
hammering a chisel under them and prising. (The tile easily separated
from the sand/cement bed and the bed then prised away fairly easily.)

The 3rd one won't budge. I don't want to use excessive force to avoid
breaking the thin (4mm?) plain clay tiles.

Cheers,

Steve

I think you have 2 options, either to only remove the lose tiles, leaving
the firmly fixed ones in place, then fix the lose ones back in place, or
remove the lot and accept that some will be broken in the process.